Zoom! Teeth Whitening
The zoom! With the help of proprietary whitening systems, you can bleach your teeth for an average of 6 shades* lighter, in only about an hour! All the while, relaxing in our cozy dental chair. This is perfect for anyone wishing for instant outcomes. Home remedies and over the counter strips or paint-on gels are often time consuming, and unpredictable as to the results individuals will receive. You can get predictable outcomes and a fraction of the time, by using zoom whiter teeth at Kwon & Jabbour Dental.
The tooth whitening method lightens the tooth's colour, which can be due to a number of different things (bacteria, food, etc). Either the intrinsic color can be modified, or the source of the staining can be controlled. The process of whitening the teeth is called “bleaching”. Hydrogen Peroxide is the common component of tooth whitening, due to its oxidizing nature, it breaks down and decreases pigment where there are organic molecules for it to attach to.
There are some common questions associated with tooth whitening, which we will now address. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our office to inquire about any of these procedures.
- Is teeth whitening a safe procedure?
- Yes, clinical studies show that with dentists providing the whitening, the procedure is more than safe. Many dentists actually consider this procedure to be the safest dental cosmetic operation possible. However, like with any whitening product, Zoom! Is not advised for kids under the age of 13, pregnant, or lactating females.
- Do the results last?
- By following the easy directions for post-whitening care, your teeth will always be lighter than before. To maintain your teeth at the brightest possible, we suggest flossing and brushing with a whitening toothpaste twice daily.
- What is the difference between over-the-counter whitening kits and going to a professional?
- For most individuals with continuous teeth and excellent oral health, professional whitening is the correct choice. For anyone with dull, yellowish stains, over the counter kits will take weeks if not months to see a difference. For brownish and grayish stains, it can take even longer, if ever. With Zoom!, however, it has been clinically proven to whiten by up 6 shades in only one hour!
- Are there any side effects?
- Some patients may experience sensitization of the teeth, and sight irritation of the gums. After the teeth are whitened, your teeth can become more delicate. You can experience it during your first or second therapy and it can decrease over time. Gingival irritation may also occur as a side effect, which is when the gums become irritated. This can occur as the whitening agents come into contact with gums. After the post-care medicine, however, these side effects should not be noticeable.
- How long is the procedure?
- The entire operation requires less than an hour, but a general teeth cleaning can occur before the real zoom teeth whitening. The operation starts when the lips and gums are prepared and pulled back, so as the teeth can be exposed. The dentist / dental assistant uses the Zoom peroxide whitening gel along with the Zoom light to penetrate the teeth and break the tins and discoloration. The gel stays in place for 15 minutes while the light is on. The gel is applied for 3 15-minute light-activation sessions, for a total of 45 minutes of complete therapy.